The Grangegorman Development Agency (GDA) is a statutory agency established in 2006 by the Irish Government under the Grangegorman Development Agency Act 2005 to redevelop the former St. Brendan’s Hospital grounds in Dublin City Centre. The GDA aims to create a vibrant new city quarter with a diverse mix of uses, in a way that is sensitive to the context of the Grangegorman site, its surrounding neighbourhoods and the existing community. The challenge is to plan for and implement a complex, multi-phased development that provides:
- A high quality area with physical linkages to Smithfield, Phibsborough, Prussia Street and the City Centre
- New health care facilities for the Health Services Executive (HSE)
- A new urban campus for Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT), bringing together all students and staff into one location
- New arts, cultural, recreational and public spaces to serve the community and the city
- A primary school, public library and children’s play spaces
- Complementary mixed-use development.